Thursday, March 31, 2011

7 Weeks....

....is not even two months. In fact, it could be more like one long month and then two weeks. Not much at all, really. But that's what we have left, and thankfully it is all coming together! Last weekend we spent some time getting the nursery arranged and the crib assembled. In true Casa de Erwin fashion, there were struggles with the room arrangement as it is is not a large room that somehow has three doors and a whopping two electrical outlets. After moving things around into a zillion different arrangements, we settled back on our first configuration.

I present to you....Super's 80% finished nursery!

So it's not very girlie, but it has bright colors and there IS PINK in that rug, so I think that makes it very clear that it's a girl's room. Plus, some of the remaining accent items will have pink in them, so there's that.

This weekend is my baby shower, which is VERY exciting. While I am thrilled to get fun new baby stuff, I am more excited about having all my favorite ladies in the same place for an afternoon. It is not something that happens very often and I am REALLY looking forward to it. I hear there will even be a possible niece Chase appearance, which will be fun. I hear she has new teeth, can crawl, and is making all sorts of leaps and bounds at NINE MONTHS. I cannot believe it's been 9 months already...She will be almost exactly 11 months old when Super is born.

Speaking of the lady of the day, bust out the cocktail umbrellas because Super is now the size of a pineapple. OUCH! I'd rather not think of her in that particular form, but I gotta go with what the phone tells me. She is now 17 inches long and 4.25 pounds and has lungs that are almost fully developed. I'll tell ya what is also a bit more developed are her little muscles. What used to be cute little flutters have turned to what feel like jabs and violent pokes. I now know why I never hear new moms complain that they miss those little flutters of movement. By the time she's born I am sure it will feel like there's a 7 pound wrestler in there.

The phone also continues to talk about heartburn and swelling. While I have had a few bouts with both, my main issue has been just a general discomfort. This is exacerbated by the fact that the bathroom on my floor at work is closed (construction, naturally) and the elevator in the building is broken. The frequency of bathroom breaks is, well, frequent, so I spend half my day running up and down stairs. I guess it's good to get in some cardio.

The phone also advises that I should be getting a pedicure to help with the soreness and swelling. Far be it from me to disobey the phone...


No comments:

Post a Comment