Thursday, March 3, 2011

Squash anyone?

What a strange word....squash. Sqquuuuaaaassshh.

Super is the size of a butternut squash this week, weighing in at 2.5 pounds and just under 16 inches long. She continues to increase her fat deposits, her head is getting bigger and she will triple in weight by in the next 11 weeks (I am now focusing on what's left rather than how far we've come). That's some crazy growing! As a result, real estate in ye olde womb is becoming more and more precious and the jabs and kicks are more frequent and often startle me a bit.

Bump.com warns of extra gas during these next few months and tells me not to sip my drinks (?), chew gum, or talk while eating (I would never) to avoid swallowing air. They also talk about varicose veins and say to avoid sitting or standing for prolonged periods of time. Not sure what my other options are there. Not great on providing viable solutions over at Bump.com.

I did start to get sad yesterday thinking about how I will miss not feeling the little bumps and nudges after she is born. Of course, yesterday I also got sad about the lonely piece of bread left in the bag and how dirty my computer keyboard was, so not everything is 100% reasonable in Kaly-ville. But I guess a baby in the hand is much better than a baby in the belly, so I am sure that was yet another thing I shouldn't be sad about.

No comments:

Post a Comment