Friday, March 25, 2011

Crickets

Kids are tricky. I was once again reminded today that you really need to pay attention to what you say to them. I was waiting for a tour of a local daycare today when a little 3 year old girl popped her head over the gate for this exchange:

Girl: Hi! Whose mommy are you?
Me: My baby is in here (points to belly).
Girl: You have a baby in your belly?
Me: Yes I do.
Girl: Like in your tummy-belly?
Me: Uh-huh (instantly regretting this conversation and convinced that I have ruined some child's stork fairy tale, which will inevitably result in some poor parent having to have an awkward conversation over dinner)

The little girl looked a little confused, walked away and did a lap around the play room and came back to the gate.

Girl: Hey, did you know my mommy told me that babies come out of a mommy's privates?
Me: blank stare

I figured it was best to quit while she was ahead.

No comments:

Post a Comment