Tuesday, March 29, 2011

Wrap up

Well, it's finished. While it seemed to take forever while it was happening, it now seems to have gone relatively quickly in retrospect. I am sure Rick will disagree as he did the bulk of the painting and making of these here cabinets:


This is the cabinet/book shelf Ricker constructed at the bottom of the stairs going down into the basement. He put all his fancy art books on the left and my crappy trashy novels on the right. Don't judge.



Ah....the couch that almost never was. I like to think this was another time the pregnancy came in handy as the Phillips furniture guys didn't want to disappoint me. All this section needs is some art work, which Rick is working on I am sure.


There are now two large folding doors covering that opening into the storage closet, but of course I forgot to take new pics this morning. Use your imagination people.


That's the window where Steven the Frog resides. His property value has increased dramatically with this fancy new view. Can you blame him for wanting to come inside?

Stairway up to the main floor. The door to the utility room has since been reattached, but you get the idea.


I think it is safe to say that the basement looks MUCH better than it used to (before pictures found here). The nursery is almost finished and should complete the list of tasks needed around the house (at least my list, the Ricker will never stop adding to the list). While not practical for most, I highly recommend pregnancy as a motivator to get all your home projects completed!


1 comment:

  1. Looks great! I couldn't agree more about pregnancy as the great home improvement motivator. Chip resurrected our ongoing to do list, and we have (okay, he has) crossed quite a few things off of it already.

    ReplyDelete