Wednesday, March 9, 2011

Not with a bang, but a whimper...

....this is how my relationship with Manny with Totsy will end. Though I should add that we were all set to bang it out. Rick had compiled a borderline blackmail-ish email stating that he was prepared to go global with his anti-totsy campaign via his City Museum Facebook and Twitter accounts should Manny not cough up the goods within a weeks time. While he was compiling the email, I was busy assaulting Totsy's facebook page with comments about their atrocious customer service. Apparently I was spoiling the mood of the Totsy fan page, because they sent in their "cleaner", Sophie (is there anyone in this company that doesn't end their name with a "y" or "ie"?), to shut me up. I received a private message via facebook from Sophie with Totsy saying that she was "so sorry" about my issues and what can she do to help (in other words: What can we do to shut you up, you insufferable twit?).

Long story short, Sophie contacts Manny, and Manny contacts me. Manny's a real problem solver these days, and his solution to the problem is to offer me a full refund and a shipping label for us to ship everything back to them because now he has NO IDEA when this stuff will come in. For a nano-second I thought that was reasonable. Then I remembered the size of the box the stroller came in, the fact that we would have to take the stoller apart (once we found an ark-sized box to fit it in) and then somehow have blind faith that they would give us our money back. Well, we all know where I stand on blind faith these days. Please see any basement construction related posts...

So I politely responded to Manny applauding his ability to offer the one solution that was actually MORE of a hassle to us than what they had already put us through. That takes serious skill, buddy. The only thing that would have been more inconvenient was if Manny had offered to ship me a pair of roller skates and a map to his office, so I can stroll that thing back to him myself. Jerk. After pointing this out to him, and outlining several other options that I felt reasonable regarding us keeping the stroller and them offering a pro-rated refund, Manny finally counters with an offer to refund a portion of the costs incurred. Fine. You have a deal.

As it stands, we should be getting our partial refund "any day now", and so the saga with Manny and Totsy concludes. Everyone keep your eyes peeled for deals on the Easywalker Carrycot!

1 comment:

  1. I vote that you share Rick's letter, if only so we can see if Totsy is on it like Walter Knoll Florist when it comes to managing their image on blogs and other forms of social media.

    Debbie

    ReplyDelete