Saturday, April 2, 2011

Javleo

Javleo was our parakeet when I was little. Despite being the most disappointing pet known to mankind, Javleo still holds a place in my heart. You see, my parents got this bird around the time when they got married, and Javleo (haav-lee-oh) stands for "Johnny and Virginia love each other". Gross, right? Well, it was gross at the time to 6 year old Kaly. Now, on the date of their 29th wedding anniversary, it's pretty freaking adorable.


And I can honestly say that these two are just as in love today as they were 29 years ago. They have been through some crazy times and have really mastered the "never let them see you sweat" principle of parenting/marriage. Meaning, if they ever were mad at each other or in a fight, we never saw it. Well, there was that one time in San Miguel when I had to sleep in the room with them and overheard Mom deliver what was what I still to this day consider one of the most appropriate "F-you"s to Dad when he suggested we just take the train back to civilization (the same train that broke down in the middle of the night, and then transferred us to a third world cattle car). In her defense, she thought I was sleeping and she really just beat me to saying the exact same thing to him. So that really doesn't count.

Happy anniversary to my two favorite love birds. Thank you for being wonderful parents, for making it look easy, and for showing us all how it should be done.

No comments:

Post a Comment