Thursday, April 21, 2011

An Education in Melon Sizing: Week 36

This is the crenshaw melon. Other internet pictures make this look a lot like the cantaloupe and honeydew. I think we are running out of melons. Super is this size this week.




She is also just under 6 pounds and a smidge under 19 inches. By the end of this week, we are officially full term, which is exciting. Dr. Phone tells me that my body is starting to absorb some of the amniotic fluid, which makes things a bit more cramped (if that's even possible) for Super. It would appear that all other organs are ready to go but for those pesky little lungs. Is it a coincidence that the organs that will have to do the most adjusting after birth (meaning from breathing amniotic fluid to oxygen) are the last to develop? Seems a little last minute to me. God might want to do something about that. These are the deep thoughts I have in my late stage of pregnancy.




I am still sleeping like a champ, though I do notice some minor hip discomfort in the night. Another interesting pregnancy issue I am experiencing that I feel the need to document is the constant excessive dry skin on my face. I look like I am peeling from a mild sunburn on the regular. And no, brain trusts of the blog, I am not actually getting sun burned. I thought about that too. By the end of this thing I should have the skin of a 13 year old after all this shedding. A 13 year old with a newborn. Classy. It's exactly as my father had always dreamed. You're welcome, Dad.


No comments:

Post a Comment