Wednesday, April 6, 2011

33 weeks? 35 weeks? I've lost count

We are now going to the doctor every two weeks, with our next appointment being 4/19. Starting 5/3 we go every week. So at yesterday's appointment, I was told that I am measuring now at 35 cm, which Dr. J informed me is equivalent to 35 weeks. He then nonchalantly stated, "we don't want anything to happen before Easter, but then after that point, the baby should have developed lung function and enough fat to regulate her body temperature." Here's a word of advice to Dr. J: I would let a patient put pants back on before delivering news like this, because I am painfully aware (NOW) that I was a bit distracted when this info was dropped. I just recall looking over at Rick who mouthed the words "that's NINETEEN DAYS!" to me silently as I gripped my little paper sheet over my lower half. Clearly I now have pants on and it's all sinking in. I guess the good news is that I am still not having any "real" contractions other than my belly turning into a hard shell every now and again. Blood pressure and weight are all still good (gained another 2 pounds) though I was reminded that only SOME of this weight is water weight (duh, the remainder is boobs and baby, right?). And it is good news that in a little bit it will be safe for Super to be born and won't be considered premature. And now that's only 18 days away.

No comments:

Post a Comment