Monday, April 4, 2011

Overwhelmed...

...but in the best possible way. As I previously mentioned, my baby shower was this past Saturday. Apparently I have been the weak link in all the baby showers I have helped throw in the past because my friends/sisters really came together and blew this thing out of the water! I couldn't have imagined anything better in my wildest dreams. I had no idea that such creative things could be done with ribbon and tissue paper. It was wonderful. Plus, to have so many special people in one place to celebrate the birth of our child was really humbling and moving. I still get a bit choked up thinking about it.


Emma created this cupcake tower, that was adorned with homemade goodness (strawberry butter cream icing with white cake and a rasperry filling). Chaney made all the pom-poms you see all over the place, which were super-cute. The table even was wrapped to look like a present. Like I said, amazing.


Ah, the presents. This party was slated for two hours. There were so many presents that I had to rush through them or I feel like we all still might be sitting in GB's living room. It was truly a generous display and I am so thankful to have such thoughtful and generous friends/family.


All of my major pregnancy food groups were represented: hummus, cadbury eggs, and peanut butter. Of course, not all together. But that could probably be arranged.


While there have been plenty of snide remarks regarding not knowing the baby's name, everyone seems to have really grabbed ahold of the "Super" designation. It wil be interesting to see if that sticks following her birth. Patrick seems convinced that it will.


It was a perfect day and Rick and I are still unpacking and sorting all of our loot. We feel tremedously lucky to have such amazing people in our lives that support us and our growing family. A special Thank You to Chaney, Liza, Jennifer, Emma, and Amy for putting this all together and for proving that a booze free (for me at least) party in the middle of the day can still be a blast. You all are the best!

No comments:

Post a Comment