Tuesday, April 12, 2011

BIL-FOF

The Festival of Fun, or FOF, has become a Harkins sibling tradition. Well, maybe tradition is a strong word, but I would like to think they will keep happening. The first FOF happened in my absence, at some lake in Tennessee. There was a ham. A boat was rented. I wasn't invited. I like to think it was a slow start to the FOF goodness that was to follow. The next FOF (also referred to as "Sibling Bachelorette Party") took place in Nashville. It was right before I got married and the four of us had a wonderful time. I barely remember it. I do recall there was a water park involved at some point. I think now, when any of us assemble at a time that is not a holiday or familial obligation, we call it a festival of fun. Well, since the Ricker is fastly approaching fatherhood, Patrick is living in a new place (Austin), and Dan has never been to Austin, they figured a FOF was long overdue. I present to you photos from the BIL-FOF (Brother in law festival of fun), which took place last weekend.


There's going to be a common theme to a lot of these pictures. Apparently Rick realized that he does like Bloody Marys. With celery; don't insult him with olives.


Dan and Patrick, drinks in a different location.


Animated Patrick. Somehow Rick managed to exclude the drinks from this photo.


Texas is close to the tropics, no? This was the selection purchased for the Saturday afternoon tubing trip.


More tomato-based booze. There is also a sighting of food in this photo. It appears they lived mostly on liquids for the two day trip.


Rick and Dan returned on Sunday and appeared to be a little sluggish but everyone survived. There were some more incriminating photos/videos sent, but I will resist posting to protect the sanctity of the FOF.

No comments:

Post a Comment