Thursday, April 28, 2011

Melons and leafy greens

The fancy Swiss Chard. I only know of this because I watch Top Chef. I am guessing Super is about as long as a swiss chard.




Super is around 6.5 pounds and 19.25 inches long. That's even larger than my computer keyboard, to put it in non-edible terms. As of this week, we are officially FULL TERM! No more premie business. The lungs should be ready to go, so Super officially has the green light to make a grand entrance from here forward.




I spent some time today (please see earlier mention of Senioritis) reviewing the blog and it's crazy to see how much we have gone through during this pregnancy. I remember talking to Parker and Chloe and telling them about the baby and Chloe immediately looking down at my stomach in disappointment when there weren't any visible signs of pregnancy. This was back when she was the size of a raisin, cherry, grape, grape tomato, etc. I guess I never really allowed myself to think about what it would feel like when she was the size of a coffee maker rather than just a coffee bean. That's probably for the best. I feel like we've really packed a lot of living into the past 37 weeks with two trips to Miami, trips to Boston and Austin, a half marathon, the finishing of the basement, and the loss of our sweet Bexar/Bear.




When I am not wasting time on the internet, I spend time trying to figure out what our lives will be like when she's here and how Rick and I will be as parents. I even started a letter to Super, but I break down crying every time I add to it, which is not encouraged in the office (though the ladies I work with are probably used to my mood swings by now). Maybe I'll get myself together enough soon to finish it, or at least reach a stopping point. It seems impossible to really capture the emotions I have felt for these past 37 weeks so I struggle with the letter.




As it stands now, I just can't wait to get her here and see how she looks/feels/smells. And if I feel this way, I can't imagine how Rick is surviving as he's the one that can't stand surprises. It's like having a gift that you know is amazing, but it's all wrapped up and you can't touch it for 10 months. I guess knowing that the gift just gets better with each passing day makes the waiting a bit easier, but not by much. At this point, I think we are both the adult equivalents of kids perched at the top of the stairs on Christmas morning, waiting to race down and see all the great things waiting for us. Just give us the green light, little girl!







No comments:

Post a Comment