Friday, April 29, 2011

For my Texas Peeps

In Texas, Fritos are their own food group. I distinctly recall my mother sneaking them into salads and sandwiches (particularly frito, peanut butter, and mayo sandwiches-don't hate) and the result was usually pretty awesome. The corn makes them healthy.

To say I have had a sweet tooth this pregnancy would be a bit of an understatement, and with this cold, it's really all I can taste. So when tasked with bringing a dish to a trivia night tonight, I just had to figure out which dessert I wanted to bring. While unconventional, I like to think this is delish even if you: a) aren't pregnant, b) are not from Texas.





I present to you, the Funky Frito Fruckies (not my name). There is chocolate, peanut butter and loads of sugar involved in the recipe. Super just gave me an in-womb fist-bump at the mere description.




I'm sure my Mom can work this into a sandwich somehow.



And the best news is that there are Fritos left over! Rick (whose love language is breakfast) will surely find a good use for these golden morsels in the days to come. I am thinking a breakfast frito chili pie. God bless Texas.

No comments:

Post a Comment