Monday, May 2, 2011

Pre-Birthday Bash

As most of you know, May is a very popular month for birthdays in our family. My mom and her twin sister celebrate on the 3rd, my birthday is the 4th, cousin David is the 8th, and Super will (barring some sort of bizarre delay, which will NOT make me happy) be born in May as well. This year marks my Mom's 65th birthday and my 35th birthday, which were apparently deemed worthy of EXTRA celebration. Plus, thanks to the looming addition, this is the first time in about 5 years that Mom and I have been in the same town, so they figured we best do it up right.

To make sure no one missed out on the festivities, brother Patrick/Uncle Happy flew in to surprise me. I was thrilled to get to see him at the end of my pregnancy. Far be it from me to deny him the ammo for future ridicule regarding my current size. He was merciful now, though I am not so naive to think that he doesn't have an arsenal prepared for future use. There was also a small family pool celebration on Saturday followed by dinner at Ruth's Chris, which was delicious and a HUGE treat. Parker and Chloe even got to come!





This is Parker's slick new 'do.




The girls, Uncle Happy, and Dan, all enjoying their special cocktails...




Because this baby is like having my stomach stapled, I had plenty of steak left over....




....with a little room left for CAKE! This was a turtle ice cream cake, which was phenomenal.




The girls got in lots of time harassing Uncle Happy, which is always amusing to watch. He's such a skilled tormenter that he can take on both of them one handed and keep his drink in the other.



It was a great celebration and it's not even our birthdays yet! Thank you, GB and Bigs, for a wonderfully special weekend. I loved every second of it and it meant the world to me to have us all together. I am also content with Patrick's visit being the only surprise I experience in the month of May...

No comments:

Post a Comment