Sunday, May 15, 2011

Waiting game

In anticipation of the arrival of a certain little someone, we have kept our calendar pretty open. As a result, we have lots of time to do nothing...or do everything, depending on my level of energy. We spent Saturday in overdrive nesting mode and putting the final touches on the nursery, cleaning the house, and rewashing clothes and sheets. Apparently the nesting instinct is a bit contagious, because GB has also been in full swing lately and has been on the food-prep side of things (which, other than one bout with making homemade strawberry shortcake, has not happened with me). She shifted into overdrive on Saturday, and after listing my top 5 favorite GB foodstuffs, I supervised the fixins.



She had no fewer than three things cooking at once. Here she has some chicken dish in the crock pot, curried beef almondine in the skillet, and king ranch chicken in the oven. It was VERY impressive.


Today we went on a walk, then on a camera search. Yes, family, another camera-don't judge. This one also shoots HD video, which I am sure I will instantly regret when it comes to labor footage. Of course, I will blame the HD for why I look like a nightmare. Oh well.


Then the rest of the day has been spent soaking in this rainy, lazy Sunday. I have spent the last week or so in a strange mix of worlds of hyper activity and slow motion. At work, I am essentially prepping for getting wiped off the face of the earth for eight weeks, which has been no small task. Then things slam into low gear at home...until we think of something else we need and rush around picking that stuff up. Then waiting.....


I also find myself thinking things along the lines of "if I go into long labor after this meal, is this going to potentially hold me over for 24 hours?", which is a sure-fire way to gain 20 pounds in your last week of pregnancy. More poignant thoughts also work their way in and I find myself thinking that this may be the last Sunday I am not a Mom, or every night I go to bed and wonder if this is the last night I will go to bed without saying goodnight to my child. Needless to say, it is a whirlwind of emotions over here and we are excited, emotional, anxious, and, in general, ready. We want our baby.

No comments:

Post a Comment