Thursday, May 19, 2011

So....



What's going on with you guys? Not a lot happening over here. It's just my due date and all, but somehow I am sitting here at work trying to wrap up nonsense. My people (I refuse to call them my "team") ignored the warnings I have been sending out over the last three months regarding my looming absence and decided to get all their stuff to me for review in the last two days. Lovely. What they also don't realize is that I have been completing their annual review surveys this week as well. "Completes tasks in a timely manner?".....not so much.





40 weeks.




So despite the fact I have a pumpkin-sized jumping bean in my stomach that seems to be all razor-sharp elbows and knees, all is well here. I am more emotionally unsteady than physically uncomfortable, and I can't figure out which is worse. I bet Rick has an opinion on that one. The phone tells me nothing this week other than that the baby is ready. They also have helpful tips for deadbeat parents-to-be on things like "preparing for baby" and finding a hospital. It's small things like this that make me feel slightly prepared for what we are about to experience.


I have heard rumors of people having severe depression at the mere notion that Super Thursdays will be no more after the baby gets here. In an effort to keep everyone off the edge of the cliff (we're a dramatic bunch), I will let you know that I do plan on continuing to update you all on the status of Super post-birth. Probably more than you will ever care to know and you will go find some silly cooking or shabby chic furniture blog to read. Fine. We didn't need your kind around here anyway.


It seems we have reached the end of the road....only to find a bit more road. We will continue to keep you all posted. Keep me, Super, Rick, and my lady parts in your prayers as we progress through these next few days!

3 comments:

  1. oh my goodness....any moment!!!! so exciting! i wish you an easy-peasy birth,a couple sleep filled nights (??) and a lovely new addition to the fam. will miss your voice until you return!! hugs m

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have been leaving my phone on my desk at work all week in anticipation! I wish she'd hurry up already! I want to be an auntie!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is proably one of my favorite pregnancy posts. There's a tone to it that I find ever so amusing.

    ReplyDelete