Wednesday, May 11, 2011

Success!

Mom and Rick had both been telling me, but I refused to get my hopes up that it was true. Super has officially dropped (a bit, nothing crazy) and I am 1.5 cm dilated! I had noticed that I had felt less pain from my bra digging into my ribcage while being crushed between my super-high belly and my massive loaners, but again, I didn't want to get ahead of myself.

So in the ever changing world of delivery discussions with Dr. J, we went from induction talk last week, back to contraction talk this week. If nothing happens before 5/19, we will go in for our induction on 5/23. But now there's a possibility that she could come at any time! I still haven't really felt a contraction, which I like to think is because I am the Chuck Norris of pregnancy (Rick's going to need a samurai sword to cut the umbilical cord....too much?). In reality, I will probably beg Rick for a shot of tequila, dial 911, and collapse in a heap the first time I actually feel something, but until then....

Rick's fatherly spidey sense must be acting up because he got to the hospital early yesterday to map out his walking route to the labor and delivery floor...



This way to birth your babies!


Reception (though I have already pre-registered)


And the place all my family members will choose to ignore my entire stay in the hospital.


Rick also found the cafeteria and some shortcut route from one area of the hospital to another. I am choosing not to focus on any concerns I might have about the security of a hospital that allowed a swarthy young man with no pregnant woman with him to roam about the delivery floor taking pictures. Instead, I will focus on the fact that we have 8 more days until Super is scheduled to get here. To quote Rick's most often repeated phrase of late, "I want my baby."

No comments:

Post a Comment