Tuesday, May 17, 2011

Slow and Steady

I don't know why I thought my pregnancy would be anything other than a slow progression. I am not necessarily a "get up and go" kind of a person. I am pretty sure no one has ever described me as being intense. When it comes to getting things done, they get done on time, usually not before or after. I am a 10 minute mile kinda gal. No records being broken here. and I am COMPLETELY fine with that.

This entire pregnancy has been blessedly average from the baby's size to my personal weight gain. And I have never been so thankful to be average.



39.5 weeks.


So it was no huge shock when Dr. J informed me yesterday that I am a little over 2 cm dilated, which is not a huge leap from last week's 1.5 cm. He said that things are moving into place. I won't go into details regarding what's moving where to protect the fragile males that read this blog, but things are on the move. He did say that if he was a betting man that he would guess the baby is going to be in the 7 pound range. Again, YAY for average!!!


I imagine Super is in there saying "What's the big rush, people? Don't I have until the 19th? No one told me the deadline had been moved up! I still have plenty of time. Calm down. It'll get done." That's my girl.

1 comment:

  1. So I'll be the one that comments on it... I notice the bed is made in this photo. :)

    ReplyDelete