Tuesday, May 10, 2011

Celebrate Diversity

We are neck deep in fun spring changes here at Casa de Erwin. After a few hard freezes and late snowfalls, I again thought Steven the Frog was a goner, but alas he was spotted thriving a few days ago:





He's even spruced up his pad with some azalea flowers that fell through the grate. It really adds a nice touch. GB would approve.





And not to be denied their fair share of attention, the mf-ing squirrels are out in FULL force this year. I will take this time to remind you that it's really hard to "un-see" something. And watching these two race around in what I imagine to be a squirrel mating ritual RIGHT ON OUR WINDOW SCREEN is something that will terrify me for a long time. I look forward to the babies they will undoubtedly birth in our walls...



....that will then be killed by this man. It's a regular circle of life lesson over here. Someone call Disney (and no one call the City of Webster Groves to complain about this semi-automatic pellet gun-we're pretty sure it's harmless).




Rick's not just handy in the ways of the gun, he's also handy with any and all electronics and spent lunch on Sunday teaching our niece Chase all about the iPhone. She's got seven teeth now!


We spent Mother's day lunching with the Erwin family and then dining with the Loyd/Harkins/Hagemann clan that evening. I celebrated "Other's Day" since I don't fully meet the criteria for motherhood according to some (though I believe Super would disagree, and I feel pretty solidly in the "motherly way" these days). Rick and Super got me a very sweet card that made me cry. Of course, everything makes me cry.




The afternoon was spent by the pool playing with a nail polish kit that supposed to be for GB, Parker and Chloe, but Shisha, David and I hogged them for most of the afternoon.




David, further proving his diversity by spending every bit of two hours painting Shisha's fingernails with ornate detail. He would take brief breaks to refuel on the homemade chocolate bread he brought over. He's very secure in his manhood. We're trying our best to break him of this security. Stay strong, brother.



To further demonstrate the diversity of our family, you will notice that both Stella Artois and King Cobra are being consumed in this photo. Just out of the shot was the bottle of Absinthe. Possible legal ramifications prevent me from confirming if that is or is not a true statement.

No comments:

Post a Comment