Wednesday, August 25, 2010

I'm a problem solver

Let me preface this post with a bruise update: we have entered the healing phase. It is still huge and Mom thinks it still looks horrible but Rick and I agree that he's (yes, it's a he) improving and looking better day by day. It currently resembles this:

But a little less majestic. I have continued my running efforts, though to say that the sensation of my swinging, swollen, side-flank is unsettling would be a bit of an understatement. In an effort to remedy the situation, I turned to my never-used triathlon shorts I purchased this year. They were touted to have something called compression fabric, which is supposed to aid in recovery (call me when they make a fabric that makes you go faster). I read that as "fabric that will hold your fatty appendage in place while you run."

Off I trotted to the gym in my super tight spandex shorts yesterday, and lo and behold....it actually worked. There was absolutely no movement in the shorts. Hell, I am shocked I could even move my legs, these things were so tight. So the solution to my injury is held in this tiny lycra torture device.

If you happen to see a woman running the streets of Webster while stuffed into super tight shorts like a holiday turducken, give me a honk or a wave, but don't judge.

No comments:

Post a Comment