Monday, August 2, 2010

All By my Se-e-elf

That title should be sung, btw.

So, the more observant of you two may notice that we've got a new design! After scouring the world wide web (read:other blogs), I found out how to change the template. Yes, I did it all by myself. Turns out, Rick had other activities planned for the weekend that did not include fancy-ing up the blog. Hrumph.

Speaking of Rick, turns out my previous reference to meth was timely, because I think Rick's on the junk. Our boy's never been a good sleeper, but he's been really hitting the chores hard the past few weekends. I briefly touched on the fact that he painted cabinets all day on Saturday, which didn't come with counter-tops. I thought that a butcher block top would look nice, but Ricker kept mentioning how expensive they are. Turns out he was right, and I set that dream free. But in true Erwin spirit, Rick decided that if we can't afford it, he will BUILD IT. That's right. Rick spent all day Sunday crafting together a fancy butcher block. After some math mishaps, we are getting close to completion. When he wasn't sawing, sanding, measuring, and gluing, he was cleaning mold out of my closet (don't ask). It was non-stop over here. I am half tempted to contact the Intervention folks over at A&E, but a detox will surely result in CdE falling into disrepair. Luckily his teeth seem to be holding up.

No comments:

Post a Comment