Tuesday, February 22, 2011

Check-In with Dr J

This morning was our monthly Super check-up. After last month's impressive weight gain, I was a little apprehensive about this appointment. February has involved a trip to Texas, yet another bout with a cold/allergy attack (which makes working out even less likely), and my dear husband's gift of 48 cadbury cream eggs for valentine's day. If you are doing the math on this little equation, that works out to a 6 pound weight gain in one month. Excellent! Dr J doesn't seem to be too concerned just yet, though his comments are getting less and less encouraging:

5 Month Check-up: "Weight gain is perfect"
6 Month Check-up: "Still looking good. Do your best."
7 Month Check-up: "It is what it is."

I would probably be getting more grief, but I am still in sight of being within their recommended weight gain range of 25-30 pounds and well below the average of a 45 pound weight gain, so I have that going for me (I have never wanted so badly to not be average in my life!). My blood pressure is also still perfect, so no worries there. We got the results of my glucose tolerance/gestational diabetes test and I passed with flying colors. No diabetes for this chick! I am also not anemic, which I didn't even realize was on the table.

Super was cranking out the beats for Dr J at 146 beats per minute and she is growing at the perfect rate. She was moving all around last night and I noticed that I really only feel her kick on the left side (confirmed this is normal with Dr J). In reading the interwebs, this likely means that her head is over to my right. Apparently she's found a comfy position because she's been like that since I have been able to feel her. Or she's just lazy. She gets that from her mom.

We had a pretty busy weekend of house renovation/nursery activities. We spent Saturday registering at Target, which nearly resulted in me breaking down in the bottle aisle. Who knew there were so many options for bottles, nipples, pumps, accessories??? Thankfully one of our neighbors happened along and gave me the run-down on the situation. I spent about 45 minutes discussing our plan of attack with her while Rick buzzed around with the scanner. So if you see anything that looks strange or out of place, Rick might have gotten a little scan-happy. We also opted to register at Amazon.com so we could read one bazillion reviews before deciding on something. I started feeling crappy on Saturday, likely due to the change in the weather, so I pulled the pregnancy card and rested for a few hours. Sunday was spent on a mad carpet/flooring/couch for the basement search, which led me to one undeniable fact: I hate West County.

1 comment:

  1. Don't feel bad. I've been there and done that. I had my own melt-down this weekend when I realized the next car seat we had picked out didn't fit in my car. This included random crying over seemingly nothing. Let us know what we can do to help!

    ReplyDelete