Friday, February 25, 2011

Updates Galore!

I apologize in advance for any sleep you all might have lost while wondering/worrying about all the action going on in the lives of Kaly and Rick. Hopefully this post will serve to bring you all up to speed.

Most importantly, I am feeling much better today. Thanks for asking. I committed to heavy neti pot use on Wednesday, and after somewhat of a struggle yesterday, I feel much better. I even slept for 8 straight hours and didn't wake up with the sensation of my trachea being lined with thumb tacks. Life is good!

The basement project is still going on, though there appears to be a light at the end of the tunnel. Or they are telling me there's a light. Either way, I am taking in this news with blind acceptance and am devout in my stance not to worry about it. There were a few delays due to the "blizzard" from a few weeks ago, and Joe had some crazy other issues come up which stole him from us for a few days. But he hit the basement hard this week and we now have insulation, can lights, new electric business (also not concerning myself with that), and the drywall is delivered and going up on Sunday. As seen in the photos below, it is coming along quite nicely and is about 95% less creepy than the basement of just a few weeks ago.

Now lest any of you think that my resignation to watch the basement progress like a hawk means that I have eased up on my pursuit of Manny with Totsy, be not afraid. I gave Manny two weeks as of our last email exchange of harrassment-free time to get me my missing merch as he had promised. Well, the two weeks came and went, and you guessed it, no merchandise, no word from dear Manny. I sent him another email on 2/22 requesting an update and received this response on 2/23 (again, from Manny):

"Thank you for contacting us. We know that you have been very patient while we get the missing components to you. We recently received the items and unfortunately, the incorrect color of sand was received while you purchased the platinum version. Form my understanding, we are sending this supply back to the manufacturer for replacements in the correct color. I am very sorry about this and I do realize this is taking longer than we initially anticipated."

Interesting. Now, I am no customer service guru (though I play one on this blog), but wouldn't it have been appropriate for Manny to contact me when the SAND colored stuff came in, let me know it was wrong, and give me the option of taking the SAND or waiting for the platinum? Of course, I would have demanded that they send it back because who chooses Sand over Platinum, but at least I would have been involved in the process and not having to hunt Manny down for intel. So, I forwarded this email to my gal Melissa (Manny was not copied) with Easywalker and she responded that this was not her understanding of the situation and she was going to look into it. So the plot thickens. If you all had trouble sleeping before from all the speculation about this situation, kiss those "z"s goodbye, because this is stimulating stuff!

1 comment:

  1. Oohoh, I love it. I knew this would be good.

    Sincerely,
    Someone Who Would Never Pick Sand over Platinum

    ReplyDelete