Thursday, January 27, 2011

Who's up for a game of soccer?

Because, according to my phone, at 24 weeks my uterus is the size of a SOCCER BALL! Impressive! Super is now around 13 inches long and 1.25 pounds. She's continuing to develop taste buds, branches of her respiratory system, and is starting to hear completely. In a scary little piece of info, I just learned that a baby would likely survive a premature birth at 24 weeks with very special care. Though I know Super is very excited to meet us, I hope she enjoys that cozy womb enough to stay in there another 16 weeks. I have zero interest in learning the miraculous capabilities of a NICU right now.

I learned in my appointment on Monday that I will be going in for my glucose tolerance test before my next appointment, so that will be interesting. Apparently I have to drink some super sweet tang-like substance and then wait an hour to see how my body handles all the sugar. Can't they just give me a jar of nutella?

5 comments:

  1. That stuff is revolting. Try not to yack.

    ReplyDelete
  2. On a side note: in order to post that comment my word verification was "phockers." That's funny.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm still stuck on the 'soccer ball' reference. Amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I always have an extra jar of Nutella in the pantry if you need it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. While I appreciate the gesture, NO MORE NUTELLA! At least not until next Christmas :).

    ReplyDelete