Monday, January 24, 2011

Does this baby make my butt look big?

It's starting. The feeling that your body is not your own. That you are skidding off the rails. The wheels are falling off. I have heard about it from all my friends and hoped it would not happen to me. Well, it's happening.

Official 23 week picture. Super, meet the blog. Blog, meet Super.

I have naively wondered in the past how people could gain 80 pounds during a pregnancy. That just seemed like quite an accomplishment for a 9 month period. I now completely understand. It's quite a frustrating situation. I liken it to a "less than attractive" person going on a diet. You can lose all the weight you want, but you are still going to have that face. Same concept applies to pregnancy: you can try all you want to eat right and limit the damage, but in the end, there will be damage, and you will never feel skinny.

Yeah, yeah, yeah, there's the whole "but it's so much better for you and the baby" business. I realize that, and frankly that is the only thing keeping me away from riding out the rest of my pregnancy at an all you can eat pizza buffet. I guess I also still hold out hope that I can be a cute pregnant person, but that dream is slowly slipping through my hands as I stare down the barrel of the third trimester. Who knew I was so vain? Ok, put your hands down.

My goal for the next 16 weeks is to focus on enjoying the pregnancy experience and trying to focus on the positive and the miracle of everything that is going on with my body. And when that fails miserably, you can find me at the all you can eat pizza buffet.

1 comment:

  1. Revel in the fact that while you are four weeks ahead of me, I am, in fact, far bigger than you. And not in that cute "she's all belly" way, either.

    ReplyDelete