Tuesday, January 18, 2011

Tooth Removal Tuesday

The Harkins clan is no stranger to dental woes. We either have too many or too few teeth. Or they are in the wrong spot. The latest dilemma is sweet Chloe and her tiny little mouth and not enough room for her grown up teeth. The first phase of addressing this issue took place this morning when two teeth were to be extracted.

Now we have known for a while that Chloe seems to have some sort of super-human tolerance for pain and in general, never shows fear in any situation. Much like her Aunt Kaly. This was demonstrated several times in the past when she would break bones, never to complain about the pain, and only to be taken to the doctor eventually because she had mysteriously stopped using one of her limbs. The girl is a tank in a Skipper Barbie body.

The above is a picture of Chloe pre-extraction. Clearly I was joking above when I said I show no fear, because if this was a picture of me pre-extraction, I would have a bottle of tequila in one hand, a bottle of pain killers in the other, tears streaming down my face, and a gas mask on delivering a steady stream of "make it better air". Not Chloe, who is mugging it up for the camera and likely already contemplating tomorrow's tights selection.

According to Chaney, both teeth did not go willingly. One came out fairly readily, but the other broke and they had to dig around for the root. I might faint. Chaney said it was pretty gruesome and Chloe took it all in stride. I don't know how Chaney stayed in the room. I guess it doesn't instill confidence or peace in your child when you run screaming from the room when they are having a procedure. Or vomit. Or pass out and vomit as you are running screaming from the room. All are scenarios I can imagine. I presume these are things I need to get a grip on in the next months/years. Or send Rick.

Check out the roots on these bad boys!

Chloe and Chaney are currently headed to Maggie Moo's for a well-deserved milk shake. I think the tooth fairy should be coming up with some extra funding for these two whoppers.

No comments:

Post a Comment