Friday, January 7, 2011

Marketer's Dream

We are party animals. We spent our Friday night in the cold and flu aisle of Walgreens trying to figure out what cold meds Rick could take to help him sleep through the night. Because I am living vicariously through him now (and am considering that I might have a small-ish infatuation with over the counter meds) I spent about 5 minutes comparing the active ingredients in various Nyquil, Tylenol, and Robitussin products for him. I had narrowed it down to two. One was cheaper than the other by a whopping two dollars, so that's the way I was leaning when Rick ripped the other out of my hands and declared that was the one he wanted. When I questioned his decision, he pronounced "It's cherry vanilla swirl Nyquil! It's all about the flavors baby!" So much for my scientific review.

On the drive home he stated that he wanted to try the China Inn, because it has a "real deal Chinese roof". If any market researchers need a subject to test a potential commercial campaign, Rick's your guy. Here's hoping that the cherry vanilla swirl does the trick.

No comments:

Post a Comment