Wednesday, January 26, 2011

Advantage: Me



I will freely admit that I blatantly ripped this off of a college friend's blog.
I read it last week and it has stuck with me since then. I think of all the times I hear people talking about how much they do for their husbands, bosses, children, etc, with little to no reciprocity. It's easy to fall into a "well I did it last time" or "that's not my job" (which is an ongoing joke at Casa de Erwin) mentality, which just breeds bitterness and resentment. I am going to make an effort to appreciate everything that others do for me and doing all I can to enrich their lives as much as they have mine. Life is so much more pleasant when you try to focus on and match the good others do, rather than focus on how much you are doing for others.

I am also going to pray my husband is not keeping score, because I am getting trounced right now.

1 comment:

  1. As long as you keep letting me eat out or get Crazy Bowls when I want. We'll call it even.

    ReplyDelete