Thursday, January 20, 2011

23 Weeks

Are there brakes on this pregnancy? It feels like we are skidding head-first through the second trimester here. Supity is now a little over a pound and over a foot long! She is now the size of a large papaya. Given that papaya are currently not in stock in the local Schnucks, I cannot gauge how large that really is. You really have to be on top of your fruit/veggie game to get these references. Maybe it's a subtle attempt to get pregnant women to eat healthy foods. I am not falling for it.

Super is on the move fairly regularly now and is bumpin' and thumpin' around a few times a day. I even captured some of the movements on video yesterday, but have had technical issues getting the video uploaded. Maybe tomorrow. Either way, I love it when she gets moving and conversely get paranoid when she doesn't for a while. This pregnancy thing can really mess with your mind.

Super also got to attend her first "concert" on Tuesday. Concert is in quotes because it was Girl Talk, which is essentially this DJ guy that does mash-ups of all sorts of music. Rick and I went last year and danced our booties off. This year we were joined by Liza, Amy, and Jen/Joe Naert. I guess I failed to remember just how loud that show really was last year, so when I started feeling bass vibrations in my stomach, I bailed and spent a large portion of the show hanging out with The Pageant's bouncers/security guards. This happened to be a show in itself between all the drunk adults, drunk teenagers, and fake IDs. It was quite entertaining and I could still hear the show, though at a safer volume.

After watching all the stumbling 16 year old girls I had a minor panic attack about how Rick and I are going to handle a teenager. I keep telling myself that our kid will be different...

No comments:

Post a Comment