Tuesday, December 14, 2010

My Hero

Rick has often accused me of being a little jumpy and paranoid. He attributes these charming characteristics of mine to a fairly robust addiction to shows like Dateline, 48 Hours, and Forensic Files. Hell, there's a whole channel that airs nothing but shows about greusome criminal acts (i love you, Investigation Discovery). Sure, there was that one time when he was pointing out a crack in our stairwell to me, and after repeated prompts for me to move closer and closer to the top of the stairs to get a closer look, I asked "is this when you push me down the stairs?" I feel it's best to ask these questions up front. No one likes that type of surprise. Best offense is a good defense and all that. I call it being prepared. But I digress...


Rick called this morning to tell me about how he was startled by an object in the museum that he originally thought was an intruder before he turned on the lights. Our fearless leader ignored his flight response and went straight to his patented kicking and windmill fists of fury move. Then he turned on the lights.

Rick's justification for finding this stuffed bear so realistic: "It was wearing a vest."

Let this be a warning to any 2 foot tall, santa hat wearing, vest donning marauders out there: Rick Erwin has cat-like reflexes and will swing first and ask questions later.

4 comments:

  1. kind of a poor man's last scene from 'the blair witch project'.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Now that I look at it, that picture is a bit creepy.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think the picture is creepy too. I have an addiction to the same types of shows and enjoy reading spooky books but have had to stop reading them at school since at night, these halls get very quiet and I've freaked myself out many times. I, however, did not get the gene of fighting--I run like a chicken.

    ReplyDelete