Friday, December 17, 2010

10 Days

I have been thinking a lot lately about the enormity of December 27th. For those of you not keeping track, that's the day we find out if Super is a boy or a girl. If we are having a son or a daughter. It's a decision that's already been made, but we are just not privy to it yet and it's a pretty massive one. I am sure there will be one day when we can't remember a time when we didn't have our son or daughter, much less know if it was a boy or a girl. I honestly don't know how you people that don't find out the sex until the birth do it.
I am torn because while I am excited about this next phase of our lives and our growing family, I don't want to forget or discount the amazing and exciting life Rick and I have had together for the past seven years. It's just about to get amazing and exciting in a whole new way. When Rick and I first started dating we would send eachother lyrics to songs that reminded us of our relationship or something equally sweet/nauseating (hey, it was long distance, you gotta do what you gotta do). Rick was always much better at it than I, and it has died down a bit though Rick the cassanova still sends me some that make me swoon to this day. Sometimes you hear a song 1,000 times and it never really makes an impact (or in this case, you get pretty sick of it) but then you actually listen and there's something that all of a sudden rings very true. That happened to me on the way to work this morning. So here's my lyrics for the day to my two person Erwin Team:

These are days you'll remember. Never before and never since, I promise, will the whole world be warm as this. And as you feel it, you'll know it's true that you are blessed and lucky. It's true that you are touched by something that will grow and bloom in you.
These are days you'll remember. When May is rushing over you with desire to be part of the miracles you see in every hour. You'll know it's true that you are blessed and lucky. It's true that you are touched by something that will grow and bloom in you.
These are days. These are the days you might fill with laughter until you break. These days you might feel a shaft of light make its way across your face. And when you do you'll know how it was meant to be. See the signs and know their meaning. It's true, you'll know how it was meant to be. Hear the signs and know they're speaking to you, to you.

1 comment: