Wednesday, December 8, 2010

Bad timing

I don't recommend mixing grief and pregnancy to anyone. The lack of access to any mood altering substances during this time is a bit of a drag. I can't even exercise my way out of it because elevating my effort to anything that works up a decent sweat results in an inability to breathe. It forces you to actually face things and acknowledge what is going on in your life, and let's be real people, that's not the way we do things in this family. But I guess we don't really have much of a choice in this situation. What does seem to help is getting out of the house, so I was probably a bit over-excited about Parker's Holiday Program last night.




Parker seemed a little unsure of the situation at first. Or knowing her quality control issues, she might have been a bit nervous about the performance abilities of her fellow third graders. Or that she was underdressed compared to the girl next to her. No worries Sweet P, in this scenario, contrary to the rule which states otherwise, I think it is best to be under-dressed than over-dressed.



It was a mighty group. It's interesting to see the level of squirmy-ness decrease from the risers as these kids get older. No one fell off this year, which means it was a huge success.

Believe it or not, this is the excitement level increasing.


The 3rd Grade Class ultimately got their groove on with several songs which involved both choreography and sign language. I like to think that here, all the 3rd Graders are giving "the finger" to sadness (in reality I think they were pointing towards the north star or something equially precious).
So thanks again, P-nut, for once again raising my spirits. I know I can always count on you!

1 comment:

  1. No, those kids are definitely giving the middle finger to sadness. Third graders are known to be staunchly anti-sadness.

    ReplyDelete