Wednesday, September 1, 2010

Borrowed Time

I have mentioned that I have no green thumb, but that doesn't stop me from trying to spruce up the place from time to time. Last year we went so far as to purchase a nice pot for the front door and I planted a variety of plants/flowers in this thing because I was feeling ambitious (and they were on sale). One of these plants was celosia:

I am sure you will be shocked to hear that the the beautiful arrangement met its demise a month or so later and we just left the sad empty pot there for the rest of the year and agreed to give it a go again this year.

This year Rick came home with a lovely little tree of some sort that we planted and it seems to be doing well. It is pictured below.

What you might also notice in this picture is a hot pink little diddy over to the far right of the image. That's right! It's the celosia, and apparently it jumped ship! It is now living in what appears to be this rocky barren soil that is practically attached to the brick of our house. But no, the lovely planter wasnt' good enough...

What's even more annoying is that it seems to be thriving, even without all the doting love and attention I gave it when it was officially planted.

I am now refusing to acknowledge this rogue plant and I am sure it will live forever. Though as it appears to be a lovely flowering plant, it may only live until Pedro's next visit.

No comments:

Post a Comment