Wednesday, September 15, 2010

Premeditated

My husband is the most honest man I know. This is a bit of a double-edged sword at times. He will tell me when I have stinky breath or when he is not a fan of something I cooked. He will even tell me "I'm not crazy about it" when I ask him if an outfit looks good. The flip side is that he is incapable of keeping a secret, or anything that happens to pop into his head, to himself. He is not a fan of surprises and expects everyone else to act accordingly. Wrapped presents drive him crazy. We haven't exchanged formal gifts in about 6 years because he can't wait until whatever gift-worthy occassion is looming to deliver/receive the goods.

Because I try to keep the food in the house relatively healthy, Rick is regularly confessing to me the "less healthy" things he consumes while at work. I should mention here that I don't worry about what Rick is eating, but he apparently has a guilty conscience about it, hence the need to divulge such information.

Well apparently the Ricker has been fantasizing about something other than his wife these days as evidenced by the following conversation we recently had:

R: When are you going away for work again (holding his iPhone as if he's entering the dates into his calendar)?

K: I will be gone 9/29-10/1.

R: Ok, because I am going to Double-Down when you are gone.

For those of you who are not in the know, this is a reference to KFC's new abomination, the Double Down (TM). Pictured here:

You're eyes do not deceive you. That's bacon, cheese, and some sort of sauce between two fried chicken patties. It's very Atkins friendly. At least Rick's smart enough to wait until I am out of town to double-down, as this would never happen on my watch. Enjoy the DD bud, I can't wait to hear all about it!

1 comment:

  1. Knowing my luck it will be like the time I wanted a McRib. "For a limited time." I didn't believe them, so when I went to get it, it was gone.

    ReplyDelete