Thursday, September 16, 2010

Charmed Life

If you read my "Day in the Life" post, you know how glamorous my work is. There are very few perks to being on-site other than having access to fountain soda at almost any given time (and for this I am very grateful). Sometimes you even get a FREE soda, which is pretty much the equivalent in my job to winning the lottery ticket.

Yesterday I had a meeting that I was dreading at what used to be a bread factory. I had only been there twice before, and it was winter and gross, so I guess I had missed the fragrant aroma of baked goodies coming out of this place. It was amazing. What was not so amazing was the fact that I hadn't had lunch yet as I thought the meeting was only going to be an hour or so. The meeting started at 11 and long about 12:30, as my client was getting into the details of how they now mix their own chocolate and how clean the facilities are (yes, even this aspect was getting me worked up at this point) I must have said out loud, "You guys have to stop, I am starving." To which the sweet assistant Amanda responded, "Oh, you're hungry? I'll go get some pies!" Holy hell.

Amanda was apparently sent to earth by Jesus himself because this is what she came back with:

The meeting went much better after that and everyone was riding a sweet sugar buzz for the rest of the afternoon. I think I will bring Ding Dongs to every potentially contentious meeting from here on out. It's the modern day olive branch.

No comments:

Post a Comment