Wednesday, June 29, 2011

Adventures of Annie and Kaly

Annie and I have been averaging about one trip out of the house per day. This trip inevitably ends in her falling asleep in her car seat and then me trying to extract her with ninja-like precision from said seat...unsuccessfully. This is followed up by me spending the next 45 minutes trying to get her back to sleep. When I write this, I am beginning to doubt if these trips are worth it. No matter. It's good to get out of the house.

Yesterday Annie and I met up with my friend Lisa and her 3 week old boy, Charlie. We called it their first date. It was full of sleeping and crying. I have had worse first dates. I would have taken a picture, however people tend to frown on photographing wailing infants in public. They tend to prefer you spend your energy getting them to stop crying. So selfish.

Today Annie and I ventured to my office so the ladies can meet her. Again, she was a little fussy and made some of her trademark faces at one of my employees. The face was similar to this face:


I seriously may try to work this photo in each post from here to the end of time. Get used to it.

After seeing this face, Irene proclaimed, "I wasn't sure who she looked like until she made that face. She looks just like you when you are telling me I have done a bad job." I was both thrilled to hear that Annie looks like me and that my employees remember my scolding face in my absence. That's one less thing I have to worry about upon my return to the office.



No comments:

Post a Comment