Monday, June 27, 2011

5 weeks

She's very grown up now. Well, not really, but she is growing like crazy. I think she will be tipping the scales at 9 pounds at her next doctor's appointment in two weeks. She has officially outgrown three "sleep suits" (including the pink monkey pajamas-sad face). I briefly thought she might be ready to graduate to a larger diaper...until I tried the next size up and it went to her armpits. I then considered this to be additional coverage which could eliminate the risk of a full, up the back blowout the likes of which we experienced this weekend, however it left two areas of compromised protection around the legs. So we will remain in newborn diapers for now.

And in the greatest development, she is SMILING on a regular basis now. This makes her look like a completely different baby. While I will miss her scowly crinkled faces, I luuuuuvvvv seeing her beautiful face smiling at me. I occupied several hours today watching her trying to elicit a smile...

Time well spent.

1 comment:

  1. Precious! And you're right, it does completely change the way she looks. Such a doll.

    ReplyDelete