Monday, June 6, 2011

2 Weeks!

Though it seems like it's been one fairly long day, separated into 2-3 hour intervals of feedings, Annie is officially 2 weeks old today! Rick and I have started to hit our stride with regard to the nighttime feedings, which is wonderful. She really is a well-behaved baby and doesn't do much but eat, sleep, and poop. More sleeping than anything, really. So much so that we have had to switch to bottle feeding her at night as this is the only way she will wake up to eat any significant amount.

She had another doctor's appointment this morning and our gal is continuing to pack on the pounds. She is weighing in at a whopping 6 pounds, 11 ounces. That means she is up 3 ounces from her last visit, which averages about half an ounce a day. She doesn't do any fancy tricks just yet, though she's pretty good at holding up her own head, constantly sticking her tongue out at me, and making 1,000 different faces (most of which resemble a scowl). Shisha and I decided that several of her faces could qualify her as a stunt double for the old man in "Up". She hates being swaddled (I blame the IV the first few days of her life for this) and is not a big binkie fan.

The past week was full of firsts. I guess that's pretty easy to accomplish when you've only been alive two weeks. But nonetheless, I will list them here.

Annie had her first trip to Einstein's on Saturday. She made sure my bagel didn't have burned out holes in it.

We also took the infamous stroller out on a trial run on Saturday and Sunday. On Saturday night, Annie got her first bath/torture session. If you are ever in the mood to feel like a horrible person, give a newborn a bath. This is also a solution should you ever feel your life is devoid of shrieking. Some people have different needs. While the process was terrifying, she smelled so great afterwards that it was totally worth it.

Here is the aforementioned body fuzz that I adore. While cute now, I hope it fades by the time she hits high school. If not, I am sure they will have made advances in laser hair removal by then.

Annie sleeping. Again with the pink monkey PJs. I should note here that she has only about 5 pairs of pajamas that fit her reasonably, and these are one of them. I just can't seem to photograph her when she's wearing anything else. Don't judge me.

On a semi-Annie related note, I have also made the realization that having a 2 week old is pretty much a get out of jail free card for any situation. I never imagined myself to be one of those people that would venture out of the house without makeup, so imagine my surprise when I found myself unshowered, in the same clothes I slept in, shorts covered in breast milk and wearing TWO DIFFERENT COLORED FLIP FLOPS as I ran errands on Saturday. The beautiful thing is that because I had Annie with me, and Annie is very clearly a newborn, I garnered sympathy and not ridicule! I am pretty sure I could run down a bus full of senior citizens and get out of it if I had Annie with me.

Of course, it could also be that I just looked crazy and the people were scared of me. Either way, I'll take it.

No comments:

Post a Comment