Monday, November 8, 2010

I trust your judgement

So someone may have mentioned to me that I've been a little irrational lately. Though I say that even in a non-hormonal state I would still think it's not acceptable to serve your customer a bagel with a huge burnt out air bubble in it (filled in with cream cheese mind you) and want to return the bagel to the lovely (read: negligent) bagel distributor that provided me with this busted bread item. And all of a sudden I am called crazy. I call it passionate about breakfast.

I need your opinion. There's been a situation brewing in the women's bathroom at my office building. There is one bathroom facility on our floor that all the offices on our floor share (there are only four offices and multiple stalls in the bathroom, so it's not as horrid as it sounds). BUT, there is a person that puts toilet paper down on the seat and then LEAVES IT THERE when they are finished for the next person to, I presume, dispose of as we see fit. I have stumbled into the stall with the impromptu toilet seat cover (ISC) a few times and it drives me insane every time. This made me crazy pre-pregnancy, so I don't think I am being too nuts here (though some could argue that I was a bit "off" before as well). I have had my eye out for the ISC-leaver for TWO YEARS and I think I figured out who it was today. I was "thisclose" to saying something to her, but then I heard my husband's sweet voice in my head telling me once again "don't go all crazy on this poor innocent person". So what say ye, people o' my blog, do I:

a) Stop being crazy and use another stall and get over it
b) Ask the lady politely to tidy up her mess
c) Ask the "stall pig" why she thinks that somehow it's not ok for her a$$ to touch the seat, but it's ok for her to leave her a$$ napkins all over the toilet for someone else to pick up.

I'm leaning towards C, but wanted to get a consensus before moving forward.

6 comments:

  1. when in doubt, confront. trust your anger.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good point. When has my anger ever lead me astray? Now I just need to confirm I am confronting the right person. I don't want to go all Almond Joy on this biz only to find out that she's innocent. I am like the Dexter of the Ladies' Room.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Leave a note, say whatever you want, but make sure it is in Comic Sans.

    ReplyDelete
  4. If you're sure you made a positive id, confront and if it's not her, then you can blame your preg hormones for making you do seemingly crazy things. If that fails, then I'd leave a note, taped to the bathroom mirror, advising these nice ladies to clean up after themselves. Slobs!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I want you to do C, but if I were in that situation, I would be a chicken and go A. But with more accusatory looks.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm a big fan of C, but I have serious public restroom issues. I'd say start with a note, then if you notice that she is not taking heed, go with C. I agree with Rick--one way to not sound crabby is to use Comic Sans--it makes everyone smile.

    ReplyDelete