Monday, November 22, 2010

A day to remember

Seven years ago today Rick and I went on our first date. He picked me up and we went to dinner at the Boathouse and then, because I had no idea what to do with this artsy fella, I took him to the City Museum. Odd how things work out. It was a perfect date and we never looked back.

To demonstrate what loving support Rick provides in this duo, I present this recent exchange:

K: My pants barely fit over this gut.
R: It's not a gut. It's a baby.

In other equally exciting news that may not seem like anything to those not living in our world, BEXAR/BEAR WAGGED HIS TAIL TODAY!!! Now some of you might think this is NBD, but for a dog that mysteriously stopped moving his tail about two months ago, this is very significant. You have no idea how sad a wagless tail is on such a sweet dog. Sure, it was just a few swipes back and forth, but I almost cried. I think he knew it was a special day too.

1 comment:

  1. I remember that day and how anxious that Rick was in getting ready to go to St. Louis. All he told us was that he was going to see an a school mate from Westminster. More importantly is how excited and happy he was when he got home and already making plans to go back to see you again. Happy first date anniversery, it truely is a day worth remembering and to celebrate.

    ReplyDelete