Tuesday, October 2, 2012

This Makes Me Happy

For the two of you that actually visit the blog's physical address on the interweb and don't just get the automatic email, you have likely noticed my instagram account streaming on the right hand side of the page. Yes, Mom, Lynnie, etc, if you actually went to the website, you would get MORE information and photos. You'll never know what you are missing (I look forward to my mother's call later today asking what I am talking about).

Instagram is great for seeing little glimpses into people's lives. Mom, it's basically like the photo section of facebook, but you can make the pictures look cool. I was browsing Instagram the other day and came across this photo of my freshman college roommate's son, Henry. He's smiling sweetly, proud of his award he received at sports camp.
And then I noticed the child, prone in the background. And that was the day this photo became the best photo I have ever seen. In my LIFE.

When I am having a bad day, I like to go back and visit this little Giving Tree of a pic. I like to imagine exactly what was going on in this photo. I love the Glee on Henry's face. I love the complete lack of parents tending to the downed child in the background. I love the cones that really make it look like ol' Henry took this kid out on his way to the podium after conquering some obstacle course. Is this photo a little dark? Yes. Am I likely a sick individual for finding it so absolutley funny? Absolutely. But at least I am not the one that put it up on Instagram.

1 comment:

  1. Excellent. I'm certain that leading up to the gym floor sprawl, the little tot pulled a full noodle on his poor parents as well.

    ReplyDelete