Thursday, October 25, 2012

Repurposed

Rick brings home some crazy things from work, but every once in a while, he brings home something awesome. The other day, it was a homemade chocolate cake. Now, though the wedding is behind us and I managed to fit into my dress, I am still trying to watch the sugar intake. So after sampling the cake, I wanted it out of the house.

Parker's ELEVENTH birthday (impossible) party was last night, and we saw this as an opportunity to unload this cake. I became concerned that no one would want to eat a cake that already been dipped into, so I took advantage of some candy corns (deftly removed from another cake), and voila!

Vampire Packman Cake, thank God it is Halloween season

And the kids loved it. I figured the City Museum would be very proud of my re-use of this wonderful cake. It also really showcases what lengths I will go to to avoid baking.

Happy Birthday, Parker!

3 comments:

  1. That is kind of awesome, the chocolate cake and the decoration. I am a sugar addict.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This reminds me of the things on pintrosity.com. Cracks me up.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Impressive work. In five years you will be taking Dierberg's cupcakes, roughing them up, putting them in one of your muffin pans and passing them off at Annie's school as homemade. If only schools allowed homemade goods. Sigh. That still makes me sad.

    ReplyDelete