Tuesday, October 2, 2012

Bathroom Bounty

I mentioned last week that Annie is not big on toys. Or sitting still. Though I continue my quest undaunted for SOMETHING that will occupy her time. Even for a second while I wash our one remaining bottle. Or get selfish and want to actually sit for a second. After observing her drop rocks down the sewer last week, I thought I would try to recreate that little scenario, but without dropping dirty rocks into an even dirtier sewer. Apparently sewer play is where my inner germaphobe kicks in. Always good to know your limits.

In keeping with the sewer theme, I noted we had some extra toilet paper rolls that were prematurely stripped of their contents by a busy little bee. I taped that sucker to the side of a table, gave Annie some uncooked beans and cotton balls.....
....she was actually interested! She would drop a few things down into the cup, dump the cup, put the stuff back up on the table and repeat. Yes, with the hundreds of dollars in toys on this beautiful table, she's playing "Homeless Plinko". I think she might have been Amish in a previous life.

So I am obviously slow because it wasn't until I started writing this post that I realized that all of these pictures involve bathroom products, specifically toilet paper. The only other thing that has occupied Annie for any period of time was this 12-pack of toilet paper.
She carried it around, grunting at the sheer weight and awkward size of her burden. She wailed at her inability to free this precious package of what would inevitably be THE MOST FUN EVER...if she could just get this thing OPEN. Thankfully she is now letting me cut her nails, or those razor-sharp talons would have gone through that plastic like a hot knife through butter.
At one point she was actually circling it like a predator assessing the weakest point to attack its prey. Ultimately, she resorted to desperate measures and went with the teeth. I had to take it away at this point. You can imagine how well that went.

My advice to anyone thinking of buying Annie a present this holiday season: Save your money....and keep your cardboard toilet paper rolls. 


2 comments:

  1. It's even better seeing the photos leading up to her biting the toilet paper package. We buy our toilet paper in Sam's (I don't mess around when it comes to dry goods). Just think of the fun!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fitting that your weekend has involved toilet fun as well :)

    ReplyDelete