Tuesday, October 16, 2012

6 years

Rick and I have been married for 6 years now, as of this past Sunday. This is the first year we have actually spent our Anniversary in town. For the first five, we would pick a destination and head out for a few days of fun in the sun...or rain in Seattle. It would always seem like summer when we left and then, in the span of a few short days, we would return to full-blown fall; sometimes even winter.

This year we stayed home and got our "fall on" and got to enjoy what is our favorite season, though we seem to abandon it at its height every year. We went pumpking picking, hay riding, corn mazing. We ate pancake breakfasts and looked at leaves and enjoyed the fall colors. It was an entirely different type of anniversary weekend, but one that seems to be more representative of where our lives are these days and the anniversaries to come.


This year, it was more of a celebration of our family. I was constantly reminded how thankful I am for my parents and my siblings, and my new siblings to be (FOUR DAYS, DAVID!). But mostly, I am thankful for my wonderful husband. He is truly my perfect mate, as my parents prayed for throughout my youth. I am constantly amazed by his generosity and kindness. Not to mention the fact that he's the best Dad ever and can make me laugh harder than anyone I know with his particular brand of humor.

Thank you, Sweet Ricker, for picking me to be your wife. Though I am not a fan of group sports, I am lucky to be on your team.

1 comment:

  1. Thanks, now our secretary just turned and saw me tearing up. That should make for an awkward afternoon. I'll love you till the day I croak.

    ReplyDelete