Monday, October 29, 2012

The State of the Blog

Have you ever gone a really long time between visits to the dentist? And then you keep putting it off because it's been so long and you know there's lots they are going to have to do in there?

That's kind of how I feel about the blog these days. Major things happen like weddings (HI BRANDON and JORDAN!), more weddings (HI LIZA AND DAVID!), trips, birthdays, outings, and I fell behind on all of them. So when I want to rant about bad service or something equally trivial, I hesitate because I can't post about something stupid when all this other important stuff has gone on that I never mentioned.

So I end up posting none of it.

Thankfully I have somehow kept up with the letters to Annie, which is probably only motivated by guilt since she still has no baby book. It wouldn't even be a baby book at this time, would it? When do you stop with the baby books and just call it an album?

And then I tell myself that if anyone is keeping score on this blog (other than yours truly), then they probably need to take up knitting, painting, or, perhaps, blogging. And most of the people that read this blog were at the big events, so it's not like they need me to recap (although some might actually need this service, for various reasons).

I have approximately 1000 photos I need to go through from the past 6 weeks. So maybe some of the good stuff will eventually make it in here. But hell, my father built A STADIUM and that didn't make it in here, so perhaps my thoughts on shellac manicures (life changing!) can be put on the back burner.

So don't count me out just yet. It's not that there's nothing fun happening. It's that there's too much fun happening and not enough time to blog about it. Which I guess is not a horrible problem to have.


No comments:

Post a Comment