Tuesday, October 16, 2012

If the Shoe Fits

Six weeks ago Annie's shoe size had jumped from a 4 to a 5 overnight. Since I figured we would be at a 5 for a while, I went ahead and purchased some fancy black patent leather shoes (for wedding season, natch) and some sneakers (is that what you call them? I call mine running shoes, which seems odd for a baby, but I guess since all she does is run, it is appropriate). When we got home I noticed the running shoes were actually a size 6 in a size 5 box, but since they seemed to fit and she could walk in them, I decided not to go all Customer Service Nightmare or the poor people at Laurie's Shoes.

As we are assembling our wardrobe for the big wedding weekend, I went to have Annie try on her dress shoes. To my dismay, and hers, they no longer fit. I also noticed that her sandals were a bit snug, so we headed off to Laurie's Shoes again to get some more winter appropriate footwear.

Imagine my shock when after wrangling Annie's squirmy chubby foot into the measuruing device, I was informed that she is now a 6.5. A full size and a half in 6 weeks. New boots were purchased and I was advised to just buy new dress shoes at Target since they never wear them more than a few times. Wisdom runs rampant at Laurie's Shoes, apparently.


These are not the shoes that were purchased yesterday. These are shoes that were purchased a few months ago on deep discount at Nordstrom Rack, anticipating that they would fit her come spring.

I have also noticed her 18-24 month clothing getting a little short. If kids are like puppies and paw size is indicative of how tall she will be, I see an athletic scholarship in her future.


2 comments:

  1. Shoes are a constant battle in our home. Avery's feet are comparable to a Cabbage Patch kid - wide and fat. Plus she likes to curl them up as soon as I attempt to "slip" (read: sweat, curse, yank, pull) a shoe on her. I've found that shoes without a solid heel or a tab to yank the heel up over her heel are just a meltdown waiting to happen - for both she and I. She is in size 7 (some 6s if they are wide enough)She loves her red Hunter boots because she can put them on herself - usually the wrong feet though. I found them on ebay for $13, compared to the original price of $50! I get most of her shoes on ebay, taking a chance, and target or kmart, sometimes walmart has cute ones.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Chase was just measured the other day too and Nana and Papa just bought her new Size 7(!) shoes too. She's barely had her feet grow until now! They must be growing at crazy speeds together.

    By the way, at Disney we can just share Chase's size 2 shorts if we need them--she has plenty so at least you wouldn't have to buy shorts for such a short period of time.

    ReplyDelete