Monday, July 18, 2011

8 Weeks/Day of Doom and Gloom

It is finally upon us; the day I have been dreading for 8 weeks. I am typing this from my work computer. I will keep this short to avoid getting fired for slacking off on day one. My heart is just a little bit broken and I am trying to not think about the fact that the person that has been within wailing distance (and much closer than that for 10 months) for the better part of the past 11 months is now 9 miles away. I am comforted by the fact that she is in the capable hands of GB and Shisha and I trust they will notify me IF THEY NEED ANYTHING. Of course, they are too busy watching my child to read pesky blogs (RIGHT?, put down your iPhone Shisha!), so hounding them here won't do much good.

It is very strange to be away from Annie and I think watching her has brought on some temporary ADD. I get a sense of panic about every 20 minutes or so that I need to be doing something, so focusing is a bit of a problem. I am sure that will fade. I am also resisting the urge to call and check in every 10 minutes. It has now been four hours and I have only called once. I find that kind of restraint very impressive if I do say so mahself (to quote Lynnie's voice).

Here are some pics from the past week:


Daddy T-shirt and jean shorts. Classic.





And she really does love her Dad. Currently she loves to hear him whistle and watch concert videos on his iPad.





Turns out she loves her a good changing pad. We are thinking of scrapping the crib and just buying another changing pad for her to sleep on. She is instantly happy no matter if she's on the pad at our house or the one at GB and Big Daddy's. And there's good light at their house on the changing pad as well. This will likely result in 99% of the pictures of her as an infant will be of her on a changing pad. Is that strange? Better than of her screaming her head off, I guess.





I took this picture right before I left her at Mom's this morning. I am shocked I actually got her face as it was hard to focus through the tears. Don't let that smiling face fool you, I am sure she's crying on the inside.

No comments:

Post a Comment