Monday, July 11, 2011

7 Weeks!

I remember my last day of work before maternity leave and thinking that 8 weeks seemed like an eternity. Um...not so much. I cannot believe I am at the last week of my leave. The thought makes me miserable so I try not to think about it too much. We have been busy in the past week.



Annie went to the doctor. She now weighs 9 lbs, 11 oz (32nd percentile), she is now 22 inches long (up two inches since birth, 57th percentile) and her head circumference is 15 inches (up from around 13.5 inches at birth, 67th percentile). According to Dr. Eaton, she is perfect, which we knew already. And since she is gaining weight steadily, we were told we could let her sleep through the night if she doesn't wake up. Up until that appointment, we had been waking her around 2-3 in the morning for a feeding. Of course, since that green light, it has only happened once, though we are still getting good stretches of sleep from around 9-3 and then 3-6 or 7. No complaints there! The low point of the appointment was the Hepatitis B shot she received. The nurse made me hold her, administered the shot, and then was out of the room so fast I hardly realized it had happened. I then focused on my daughter's face silently turning a shade of deep purple as she opened her mouth in a (temporarily) silent scream. Poor thing. She and I sobbed in the room together for a bit, then regained our composure enough to leave the room. Rick promised he would come to the next appointment so she can think that both of us are torturing her.


On Saturday we were spectators at Tour de Donut. We have participated in this event the past two years but thanks to Annie (and my concern that Rick may spontaneously develop diabetes if he did this again) we just got to hang out this year. Part of the ride goes through downtown Staunton, Il, where they are holding their annual Rib Fest. Rick and I always talked about how good it smelled when we would ride through, so we figured we were obligated to stop by since we don't often end up in Staunton.


To say it was disappointing would be an understatement. Rick and I will now be calling anything that totally sucks and results in you being miserable a "Rib Fest". You would think you could obtain ribs at this event where there are people lining the streets with bbq grills and smokers. Oh noooo! Those are the contestants. All guests to the rib fest must choose between 3-4 tents with random food stuffs (mexican, chinese, and fish were the ones I remembered). All of which had long lines. Did I mention it was 1 bazillion degrees and we had a baby with us? Total Rib Fest. Thankfully we were able to get out of there without wasting any money and giving Annie a heat stroke.




This happened to be the highlight of Rib Fest. These free thinkers brought their own hot tub! I try hard not to think about what is going on in that water. Annie was wearing jean shorts and as she has no teeth, she fit right in!



Water, water, everywhere and not a drop to drink.



Aunt Shisha seen here practicing her Annie skillz in preparation of next week's babysitting venture while I return to work. She managed to remain stone still for an hour so Annie got in a good nap.



And here is your pic from ye ole changing pad. For the record, this is the only place in the house that has enough natural light where I don't have to use a flash. I hate using the flash.


Annie and I will spend the next week lunching with friends and relaxing. You can count on there being many naps and snuggling marathons. I will probably buy some lottery tickets so we can hit it big and I won't have to go back to work. You can't win if you don't play!

1 comment:

  1. Time sure has flown by with sweet Annie! Constantly amazed at fast she is growing everytime I see her. Love that last pic-she is absolutely precious!

    ReplyDelete