Sunday, July 24, 2011

2 Months!

Dear Annie,
How is it that you are two months old already? This past month really flew by! You are getting LOTS of sleep at night, and as a result, so are your Mommy and Daddy! Just last night you slept for 10.5 hours straight! I didn't know what to do with myself! We have settled into a bit of a routine and you go to bed every night around 8. Your Dad gives you a bottle and holds you until you get sleepy and you are a very easy baby. You still sleep in some sort of swaddle, with the most intense swaddle being your "pink swaddle", which is commercially known as The Miracle Blanket and is used only at night in our house. Miracle indeed. Though it is not for the weak (infant or parent) as it takes a strong commitment to restraining your child to use this device as it also takes a strong armed baby to break out of it. So far you have only broken one arm out. During the day we are a bit more relaxed about the swaddling and you are usually wrapped with one arm out (or two if you are being swaddled by GB; she's very relaxed on the subject, though I secretly suspect she wants you to wake up so she can talk to you). When only one arm is out, you wave that thing around like an epileptic rodeo rider until you wear yourself out. It is very cute. We are a bit anxious for the end of the swaddling days since it does seem to help you sleep for longer periods. If your Dad and I had our way, you would be swaddled and in the crib in our room until you are 16. We'll try to work out some sort of non-child protective services worthy compromise there.

You did very well for your first week with me back to work. You were watched over at GB's with Liza/Shisha coming over in the afternoons. I cried a bit every day when I left you but I knew you were in good hands. Thankfully my days at work went by quickly and I was able to get home to feed you so I only missed two feedings during the day. Hopefully I will be able to keep this up. This week you will go to stay with a nanny for three days. I fight a lot of anxiety about this but I know you will be fine. It's me I am worried about.

You have started "talking" more and more in the last few weeks, and you LOVE to hear yourself. On Saturday night you started squawking and it made me laugh every time you did it. Then you saw me smile and you smiled back. Then squawked again. This little game could go on for hours. You are a very smiley baby and love to be talked to. As previously mentioned, you love laying on any changing pad and will kick around for as long as we will let you. You are still not a HUGE binkie user, though you will take it from time to time and it helps soothe you when you are fussy. You had a touch of baby acne for a few weeks but that is clearing up now. Our little family is settling into a wonderful routine and we love our new life with you in it. I can't remember what it was like before you were here.



2 comments:

  1. These photos are going to get more awkward when she's 13 and still not wearing a shirt :)

    ReplyDelete