Wednesday, June 12, 2013

13 Weeks-Boom Bump Tuesdays, this time on Wednesday

Well folks, here we are again! I feel like I am just spitting these kids out left and right and that it was just yesterday I was typing "see ya later, first trimester!" when I was pregnant to the then referred to Super. And here we are, almost three years later, going through all of this again. I am actually more shocked that I have kept up with this blog for this long than I am that I am pregnant again. In some ways, keeping up with the blog seems like more work.
 
This go-round I will spare you the size comparison to various exotic and not-exotic types of fruit and veggies that will likely never darken the door of my family's home because my child refuses to eat anything other than grapes, yogurt, and peanut butter. I might try to work in a reference to the size of my belly, because let's face it, that's all you freaks really want to know. How big will she get this time? Will she be in total denial again of the fact that she is 1 measly pound shy of 200 el bees by the end of her pregnancy? Will she be so far in denial that she will try to put on her post pregnancy jeans, certain that they will fit, only one week after the baby is born, only to find a 12-inch gap between button and hole?
 
Time will tell.  I would like to say HELL NO! No I will not be in denial. No I will not gain 40 pounds. Blah blah blah. But let's be honest....the pregnancy brain and the pregnancy stomach/appetite are not to be messed with. Far be it from me to deny my precious unborn baby what it wants. What it NEEDS. I am pretty sure that would make me a bad Mom to sweet, innocent Boom.
 

 
 
So here we go. I have decided to provide you with a change of venue this year. Instead of my bedroom, we have now switched to the bathroom at work. The second child really does get the shaft. Here's Boom at 13 weeks. Out of the first trimester and coasting into the "more comfortable" zone. Since my lady parts are apparently ancient and I get reminded of this at every bi-weekly doctor's visit, I don't think I will rest easy until Boom is out, but Dr J assures me that the risks of things going wrong goes significantly down after this point. Whew.
 
The internets tell me Boom is about the size of a lemon. As you can tell, that's the world's largest lemon in that there photo above. I would say I am roughly the size of a 2/3 deflated basket ball right now. I can still wear my regular pants, but most cannot be buttoned. I would try to compare pics of me when I was pregnant with Annie, but I don't think I even bothered with photos until I was like 20 weeks along because I was barely showing. Ah, the joys of the second pregnancy.
 
Ok, I just went and looked back, and my first pic wasn't until 23 WEEKS! And I look almost exactly like I do in the above pic.
 
OH well. It seems to be a universal phenomenon so at least I have millions of women to commiserate with. In the meantime, let's try to keep the "holy cow, are you sure there's only one baby in there!?!" comments to a minimum.
 


1 comment:

  1. I love bump updates! You're looking good...can't go wrong with green pants, striped shirt and a new baby bump. And I am all for work bathroom selfies, as long as I remember to close the stall doors behind me and have time to edit because the florescent lights are horrid.

    ReplyDelete