Thursday, June 13, 2013

Ricker Funnies

I like to think I am the funny one in my marriage, but there are times when my husband cracks me up. I would like to present a few of those examples because I need something to flash back on in the moments where my pregnancy induced hormones make me want to put him in a choke hold. In the first one, I don't think he was trying to be funny. He was actually quite serious, but I found his level of seriousness to be funny, so it counts.

Scene: Rick came home from work last night. Annie was running around the house with a bug-shaped pool tube around her waist and drinking a juice box. Note: she doesn't drink juice boxes. She just doesn't like juice. The boxes were left over from her birthday party. I digress.

Rick (to Annie): Hey Annie! You're drinking a juice box! Do you like it?
(zero mention of the strange flotation device around her waist)
Rick (to me): So she's drinking the juice boxes now? I thought those were mine.

Scene: Me folding laundry while Rick changes Annie's clothes and she freaks out about changing out of her princess pajamas into "regular" clothes.

Rick: I've found a good way to distract her when she's getting upset about the clothes thing is to press on one of her boo-boos.

I laughed so hard at that one I didn't get a chance to follow up to see if he was kidding.

Scene: Discussing one of the legal issues the museum is facing and how one of the people has hired a local attorney/ambulance chaser that wears an eye patch in all his ads.

Rick: So they've decided to hire "B&B" as their attorney. Wonder if we'll see "the patch" in court?
Me: I doubt he sees many cases.
Rick: You're right. I bet he just sees half of them.

ba-dum-bum.

4 comments:

  1. The first two are the best. That Rick. He's just too sweet. Probably from all the juice boxes.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It must be an Erwin thing for the juiceboxes. Chase told me she didn't like a certain kind of juicebox that I had purchsed for her and I was rather excited since I thought they were delicious (and I could use the excuse--I bought it for the kid but she won't drink it excuse so people didn't think I bought juiceboxes for myself, a so-called "adult"). Alas, my child decided that anything that I deemed delicious was hers...and so she stole them :( No more juiceboxes for mommy. At least he really does get the juiceboxes.

    ReplyDelete
  3. How long have you guys been married? Hasn't Rick learned the "what's mine is mine and what is your's is mine"? That applies also to toddlers, just ten fold.

    ReplyDelete
  4. J Healy-MendezJune 14, 2013 5:53 PM

    Funny runs in the family... in more ways than one....

    ReplyDelete